When it comes to looking for the best tool box to store your main tools, the options are limitless. In fact, there are a lot of options to choose from in the market. Choosing the best one for your needs requires you to be mindful of a lot of factors necessary in a toolbox. You have to check the portability of the toolbox, as well as space and the materials used in it. You also have to make sure that the materials you will store inside the box will be secured well.
To help you with this trouble, we have carefully sorted out and handpicked ten of the best toolboxes in the market that have received positive feedback from their previous customers.
Comparison: Top Rated Best Tool Box
Read the full Best Tool Box Product Review
The DEWALT TSTAK Tool Box is a force to reckon with. It is built with extra-large space to accommodate your big and bulky tools along with the minute items as well. This ruggedly durable box is made of heavy-duty and rust-resistant metal latches that keep your tools in place. A bi-material handle allows the user to easily and comfortably lift up your tool. To help you organize and locate necessary tools easily, the toolbox is equipped with fixed dividers. It has different cases to choose from, and all the units are made in a way that they stack on each other securely by a durable latch on both sides. The black and yellow color levels up the sturdy look of the toolbox.
- Dimension: 17.2 * 12.6 * 13.2 inches
- Weight: 7 pounds
- The main part is made of polypropylene while the clear parts are made from polycarbonate
- Extra-large volume storage
- Fixed dividers on the top organizer
- A bi-material handle
- Heavy-duty, rust-resistant metal latches
- Can be stacked up on other units
- Lifetime limited warranty
Looking for the right tool during a task will double-up your workload, but thanks to Keter 241008 Masterloader Plastic Portable Rolling Organizer Tool Box it has been made easy. Made from Polypropylene resin construction, this sturdy tool chest is resistant to fading and the damaging effects of chemicals. Organizing tools has become more convenient because of its compartmentalized bins. Large tools can be kept inside the bigger compartment with a removable divider and integrated organizer while smaller hardware can be easily stored in the compartmentalized bin.
Furthermore, it has ball-bearing sliders that allow you to easily access rarely used tools stored below without the need to remove the top bins. It also uses a centralized auto-locking mechanism that keeps everything secured and in place. In addition, this innovative toolbox has large wheels on the side that make it exceptionally easy to move your box from one place to another, and an extendable handle for trouble-free rolling.
- Dimensions: 24.2 * 14.9 * 16.3 inches
- Weight: 13 pounds
- Made from Polypropylene resin construction
- With compartmentalized bins
- Ball-bearing slides to easily access tools below
- Centralized auto-locking mechanism
- With extendable handle
- Large wheels on the side
- 1-year limited warranty
If you are looking for a heavy-duty and sturdy toolbox for your day-to-day job, then the3. is the one. Made from Stainless Steel and Polypropylene material, you can be assured that this will not easily give up on you and your tools. It has unique cantilevered trays that allow you to easily reach out and see all your needed parts and tools. Plus, the separate clear-top lid lets you access the top tier without the need to open up the entire box, keeping the unnecessary tools in situ. The top tier also features 15 removable compartments with 3 permanent divided parts to easily store and organize small parts or tools. When you fully open the box, the legs of the top tier extend down to provide support and stability to prevent tipping off. In addition, the handle made from sturdy stainless steel makes it easy to bring along anywhere you need it to.
- Dimensions: 12 * 22 * 9.5 inches
- Weight: 8.75 pounds
- Made from Stainless Steel and Polypropylene material
- With unique cantilevered trays
- features 15 removable compartments with 3 permanent divided parts
- with leg support on the top tier to prevent tipping off
Stanley 028001L 28-Inch Structural Foam Toolbox is one of the limited toolboxes that are truly waterproof which ensures users the safety of the tools stored inside. This tool chest is developed from structural foam that contains flake mica and thermoplastic resin which increases the durability of the toolbox. Its extra-large capacity can accommodate medium to large hand tools, and its ergonomic handle design makes carrying heavy loads with ease. In addition, the portable tote tray of the toolbox gives you plenty of choices for storing hand-carry tools and small parts. Plus, the integrated v-grooves on the top lid makes pipes and lumber easily secured and kept in place. All in all, this toolbox along with all your tools is kept locked and secured with a rust-resistant metal latch.
- Dimension: 28 * 12.6 * 11.6 inches
- Weight: 10.25 pounds
- With structural foam consisting of flake mica and thermoplastic resin for durability
- Extra-large capacity
- With ergonomic handle design
- Portable tote tray
- Integrated v-grooves
- Rust-resistant metal latch
The Trusco ST-350-B 2-Level Toolbox is a not-so ordinary-looking toolbox that comes in a shade of blue; don’t mistake the durability of this box, for it is made with a high-quality steel body, carefully planned and beautifully executed by Trusco Nakayama in Japan. It has a smooth opening that easily reveals the 2-level storage of the toolbox. The upper layer has 8 sturdy and removable dividers that give off 8 mini-compartments to store your little tools and minute parts. Furthermore, there is a small space that can be used to store these dividers when not in use. To keep your tools in place, you just have to minimally push the handle to close this intricately designed toolbox
- Dimension: 13.5 * 6.2 * 7.2 inches
- Weight: 5.25 pounds
- Made from high-quality steel
- 2-level storage
- With 8 removable dividers that can be kept in a small space inside the box
- Simple closing design that eliminates the use of troublesome latches
- Unique design and color
The GANCHUN Consumer Storage and Toolbox is designed to store any kinds of tools such as measuring tape, hand rivet kit, pliers, garden pruner, and other kinds of tools. Made from high-quality Polypropylene plastic, you are guaranteed that this toolbox is structurally sound. Furthermore, it has a tool tray equipped with a handle and de access for more flexible storage solutions. Plus, it has two lid organizers to store small parts and has a separate storage accessory box. All in all, it is kept closed in a stable safety lock to ensure safety. For more protection, it also has a classic style lock and keyhole double protection purposes.
- Dimensions: 14 * 7 * 7.3 inches
- Weight: 1.87 pounds
- Made from Polypropylene plastic
- Double-layer design
- Tool tray with handle
- Two-lid organizers for small parts
- Lock and keyhole lock for double protection
The robust and ruggedly handsome design of the Milwaukee Packout Rolling Modular Tool Box can pass for a storage unit or a toolbox. It is structurally constructed using resistant polymers that give off its sturdy and well-constructed outer design. The corners and locking points are further reinforced with metal, making it more durable to withstand harsh impact. Furthermore, it also features an IP65 rated weather seal to prevent job site debris and even rain from damaging the MilwaukeePackout Rolling Modular Tool Box. Plus, it has 2 large-sized wheels on the side to allow the convenient transfer of toolbox.
- Dimension: 33 * 22 * 22 inches
- Weight: 49 pounds
- Made from impact-resistant polymers
- With reinforced metal on the locking point and corners
- IP65 rated weather seal around the lid
- has 2 large-sized wheels on the side
If you are an advocate of saving mother earth, then this storage box will be perfect for you. This Tool Box | Organizer and Storage is made from recycled materials that don’t compromise the durability of the toolbox, and its plastic design is made to be resilient and long-lasting. This modernized toolbox goes away from the classic storage system and uses a transparent lid to easily visualize your needed item. Plus, in the lid of the box, there is a storage tray with separate compartments to easily store lost items. Inside the toolbox is an inner tray with a useful handle to store your larger toys. There is still an additional compartment to store other larger gadgets as well; plus, it includes 2 mini-organizers that can be placed in the bottom to offer you another venue to store small items as well.
- Dimensions: 15.7 * 8.4 * 7.4 inches
- Weight: 2.58 pounds
- Made from recycled plastics
- With transparent lid for easy visualization of tools
- Storage tray with compartments in the lid of the box
- Inner tray with a useful handle
- With 2 mini-organizers that can be placed in the additional compartment below the inner tray
Made from heavy-duty Polypropylene, the Plano 651-010 20-Inch Tool Box is structurally sound and is built to last long. This 20-inch toolbox has bulk storage space to store plenty of large tools. Plus, it has a pair of the removable tray to easily access the tools inside the tool chest. The heavy-duty, large handle allows the user to carry the bulk toolbox without any problem. To lock this toolbox, you just have to simply clamp it down.
- Dimensions: 10.9 * 9.1 * 20.2 inches
- Weight: 3.95 pounds
- Made from heavy-duty Polypropylene plastic
- Has bulk storage space
- Pair of a removable tray
- Durable, large handle
- Clamped down closing mechanism
The Waterloo Portable Series Tool Box has the strength and endurance of stainless steel but weighs as light as plastic. This lightweight toolbox is made from high-quality Polypropylene construction with molded in-color that makes it one of the toughest and beautifully executed toolboxes in the market. Because of its industrial-strength plastic construction, you are assured that it will not rust or dent like the conventional steel toolbox. Inside the box are two trays each with a molded handle for toting small hand tools and parts. Plus, it has a flush top for more convenient storage. To keep your tools in place, you can lock it with a padlock to ensure safety and security.
- Dimensions: 14 * 7.5 * 6.2 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Made with industrial-strength Polypropylene material
- Two trays with molded handle
- With flush top for more convenient storage
Choosing the Best Tool Box
If you are planning to buy a toolbox to store your important items, then you should at least make sure that you will be buying the best one that will suit your needs. There are different toolboxes in the market, each with different features and styles to cater to your needs. The ultimate decision rests in your hands; however, to make it a piece of cake, we have highlighted the most important factors you must consider when choosing the best toolbox that will answer to your needs.
The construction materials of the toolbox will help you figure out if it is built to last for a longer duration of time. There are two commonly used materials in making a toolbox – Polypropylene (hardened plastic) and metal. Stainless steel and Aluminum are frequently used metal to build toolboxes because of its strength and durability.
Tool chests made of Aluminum are more lightweight and durable yet it is more expensive than those made of plastic. Stainless steel is the best option if you are looking for extra strong, durable, and easier to maintain toolboxes for industrial use. However, for home use, tool boxes made of plastic will do because it is cheap, lightweight, and fairly durable.
This is also an important factor to consider especially for plumbers or carpenter who have to constantly move around with their tools because of the nature of their job. Therefore, it is vital to choose a toolbox that is lightweight and easy to carry around such as a toolbox made of plastic. However, if you have to store heavy and bulky tools for the job, then tool boxes with wheels would be an interesting option and will let you transfer your tools with no sweat.
Since a toolbox is about storing your tools, then it is necessary to have the right amount of space to accommodate all of them. If you only have the small and basic tools for DIY projects or minimal home repair, then an average-sized toolbox will do. However, if you have large and bulky tools to store, then you need an extra-large box to store it all.
Compartments are also a nice feature that goes with your toolbox. This lets you store small items separately and neatly and allows you to easily access them when the need arises.
If you want to store expensive items inside your toolbox, then you have to make sure that it has a strong security feature; a toolbox with a lock and key or one with an internal locking system will be ideal for such instances. However, if you only plan to store basic items, you still have to make sure it has a good lock to keep it in place and prevent it from falling off when you carry it around.
Do consider these four factors when shopping for your next toolbox will give you a much better chance of picking the best one that will suit your needs. It’s always best to be armed with more ideas so that you won’t end up regretting your choice.
Your toolboxes help you store out and organize your tools for more convenient access. Thus, to save time and effort, here are some tips to help you organize your tools inside the toolbox.
- Place a clean cloth on the floor and carefully lay down your toolbox to dump all the tools inside.
- Clean the outside of the box with a soft and clean cloth using a mild household cleaner.
- Clean the inside of your toolbox with a cloth soaked in a mild detergent or, if you prefer, a paint thinner.
- Before putting your tools back, clean them one by one using a clean rag soaked with detergent or paint thinner to remove all the dirt and oil off from your tools. Remember to pay extra attention to screwdrivers and wrenches.
- Remove all the bent nails, rusted screws, and nails, or other junk that has been inside your toolbox for a long time and will never be of any use.
- Carefully cut a piece of box or cardboard that will perfectly fit inside your toolbox. This will soak up excess oil found in your tools and prevent it from rust and damage.
- If you have loose wrenches, put them on a cloth according to size and roll them up; then, tie them with a string to prevent it from getting loose inside the box.
- Then, put the tools one by one inside the toolbox according to reverse popularity; tools that are rarely used should be placed at the bottom of the box. This will help you do away with constant digging at the bottom of the box for your favorite screwdriver or a pair of pliers. If you are feeling spendthrift, then you can opt to buy a new toolbox to separately store your commonly used items from the rarely used.
- Store a flashlight inside your toolbox, but place the batteries separately until you need them. Keeping them inside the flashlight for a long period may cause them to leak or die if the light is accidentally switched on inside the box.
- Place a few pieces of chalk inside your toolbox to absorb moisture and thus prevent rust in your tools.
These are just a few and simple reminders to help you store out your tools neatly and in an organized manner. This will help you locate your tools with ease to save time and energy.
In general, toolboxes help people store and keep important tools needed for their jobs, DIY projects, home improvement needs, etc. Keeping them in an organized manner inside your box makes your job effortless and more comfortable. It also helps you save time from having to look for the tools needed to complete your task.
Thus, it is important to choose the most appropriate toolbox to store your important tools. However, it is quite difficult given the number of options in the market and the number of factors, which makes each of this toolbox unique from the other, that has to be considered when you choose the most suitable one for your needs. No matter how tiresome the process may be, you must carefully consider the material, portability, space, and security of the toolbox so as to prevent you from choosing the wrong one and regretting your decision in the end. Read more about flint knapping tool here.